In this economy many brides want to save money on their wedding flowers and decor but still want their event to look beautiful and elegant. Here are seven easy ways to have a
" Luxe for Less" wedding:
" Luxe for Less" wedding:
- Choose a Theme and Work it Baby! Why? Even the simplest of themes gives your wedding a cohesive look. I am not talking full out " Western" with cowboy hats and cowboy boot centerpieces....although we do love you Calgarians! I am talking as simple as "Old Hollywood" think black and white with pops of red or "Vintage Romance" think pale pinks, lavender, cream, lace, and china teacups.How about "Modern Eco Chick" think chartreuse green, twigs,organic food, local wine and soy candles. You can pretty much glam up a theme without spending a lot of money. Why? The overall effect of the theme catches the eye and ties everything together more than the individual details
- Monochromatic Colour Scheme! Why? Again, a monochromatic colour scheme can offer a cohesive look. It doesn't matter what your budget may be, a monochromatic colour scheme pulls a room together and always manages to look elegant. Again, individual elements are noticed less. No one will notice that your centerpieces are made from green spider mums instead of green orchids. Which brings us to number three on our list...
- Be Flexible! Why? You will be amazed what a good floral designer can do with white carnations instead of white peonies.It's true carnations are making a comeback! If the magazine picture with the bouquet of your dreams has been sitting in your wedding scrapbook for a year and you have finally taken it in to your floral designer only to find the cost of the bouquet is half your whole floral budget. Do not despair! A good floral designer can mimic the look for less and it will still look beautiful. Trust me, you're gonna love it!
- Candles! Why? Such a simple and inexpensive way to bring ambiance to a room. There are so many ways to display candles the options are limitless. For example, on mirrors,in mason jars, in hurricanes with sand, in hurricanes with rose petals, in hurricanes with beach glass, hanging from chandeliers.....I really could go on and on here but you get the idea. We recommend soy candles, beeswax and vegetable wax over paraffin candles so much better for you and the environment. Check out our soy candles in our Spa Line in our online shop.
- Fruits and Veges! Why? Using fruits and vegetables in centerpieces is an inexpensive way to add interest and texture to an arrangement. They also take up space and add colour. They are easy to come by at your local market.Think a brass fluted compote or bowl filled with dark purple grapes dripping over the edge and a few well placed bright orange orchids....instant " Moroccan Theme" ! How about limes in a tall fluted vase with brightly coloured gerbera sprouting out of the top ...instant "Fresh and Funky Theme" ! Again, the possibilities are endless and the best thing is you can eat the produce after your wedding!
- Signature Cocktails! Why? Again bringing cohesion to your wedding. Say you have chosen a monochromatic apple green "Fresh and Funky" theme, using green apples in your centerpieces. How cool and luxe would it be to have servers waiting to greet your guests with appletinis! By providing your guests with only two other alcoholic choices of beer and wine you could potentially save up to 50% on your bar bill!! Clever hey? Sneaky, but clever and Oh so chique!
- DIY Favours! Why? Nothing says "I love and appreciate you" like homemade. With all the craft stores and dollar stores around these days that carry beautiful ribbons,bags,boxes and jars. Think fresh baked cookies in little boxes tied with ribbon, or jars of jam with personalized labels,home made bottles of wine with vintage style labels....the possibilities are endless and you can spend as much or as little as you like!