Lolipop Pie! It's True!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I know someone (to remain nameless) who grew up on the plains of Saskatchewan . He grew up eating pie every day. His Grandmother would make ten pies every morning to feed the farm hands! This person can eat a whole pie in one sitting....if you let him! This person married someone who for the life of her can not make a decent pie crust to save her life! She does make good crisps however.
When the excellent crisp maker saw these pie lolipops on Luxirare's
Blog. She thought fantastic, I can make these! I can cheat and buy premade pie dough and impress said pie loving man with my ingenuity . It may stop him eating a whole pie in one sitting as he can just pop one of these in his mouth and trick his mind into believing it was huge.
Then the excellent crisp maker had another idea. These would make fabulous wedding favors for a chic country wedding! " Oh, yes," she thought,"Tres Original!" because everything sounds better in French and Italian.
The bride could premake her favorite fillings and store them in cute jars with lables....or cheat and buy premade pie fillings. Although, the excellent crisp maker would NEVER condone cheating.
Just gather up your favorite pie ingredients.
Cut out your pie dough with cookie cutters.
Place a teaspoon of your favorite pie filling.
Add lolipop stick
Press the edges down fancy like. "Tres Bella!" combining two foreign languages together makes one sound even more cosmopolitan! The trick apparently for a really nice flaky crust is lots, LOTS of egg wash.
Pumkin pie lolipop!
Blackberry! Personal favorite.
Apple for the purist.
So cutely wrapped and sealed. I would just add ribbon and a personalized tag for a wedding favor. Your guests could choose the pie flavour they prefer. They freeze and refrigerate well so can be made in advance of your wedding. Luxirare
carries them around in her purse when she wants a little something sweet!
Excellent crisp maker LOVES them and is making them for her kids lunches in the fall but shhh may cheat! So excellent for a wedding favor idea. Don't you think?
Labels: apple pie, baking ideas, baking pies, blackberry pie, country wedding ideas, luxirare, pie lolipop, pie popsicles, pie wedding favors, pumpkin pie, wedding favors, wedding ideas
posted by Sarina Chauhan @ 7:41 PM
Luxe for Less in Seven Easy Steps
Sunday, April 5, 2009
In this economy many brides want to save money on their wedding flowers and decor but still want their event to look beautiful and elegant. Here are seven easy ways to have a
" Luxe for Less" wedding:
- Choose a Theme and Work it Baby! Why? Even the simplest of themes gives your wedding a cohesive look. I am not talking full out " Western" with cowboy hats and cowboy boot centerpieces....although we do love you Calgarians! I am talking as simple as "Old Hollywood" think black and white with pops of red or "Vintage Romance" think pale pinks, lavender, cream, lace, and china teacups.How about "Modern Eco Chick" think chartreuse green, twigs,organic food, local wine and soy candles. You can pretty much glam up a theme without spending a lot of money. Why? The overall effect of the theme catches the eye and ties everything together more than the individual details
- Monochromatic Colour Scheme! Why? Again, a monochromatic colour scheme can offer a cohesive look. It doesn't matter what your budget may be, a monochromatic colour scheme pulls a room together and always manages to look elegant. Again, individual elements are noticed less. No one will notice that your centerpieces are made from green spider mums instead of green orchids. Which brings us to number three on our list...
- Be Flexible! Why? You will be amazed what a good floral designer can do with white carnations instead of white peonies.It's true carnations are making a comeback! If the magazine picture with the bouquet of your dreams has been sitting in your wedding scrapbook for a year and you have finally taken it in to your floral designer only to find the cost of the bouquet is half your whole floral budget. Do not despair! A good floral designer can mimic the look for less and it will still look beautiful. Trust me, you're gonna love it!
- Candles! Why? Such a simple and inexpensive way to bring ambiance to a room. There are so many ways to display candles the options are limitless. For example, on mirrors,in mason jars, in hurricanes with sand, in hurricanes with rose petals, in hurricanes with beach glass, hanging from chandeliers.....I really could go on and on here but you get the idea. We recommend soy candles, beeswax and vegetable wax over paraffin candles so much better for you and the environment. Check out our soy candles in our Spa Line in our online shop.
- Fruits and Veges! Why? Using fruits and vegetables in centerpieces is an inexpensive way to add interest and texture to an arrangement. They also take up space and add colour. They are easy to come by at your local market.Think a brass fluted compote or bowl filled with dark purple grapes dripping over the edge and a few well placed bright orange orchids....instant " Moroccan Theme" ! How about limes in a tall fluted vase with brightly coloured gerbera sprouting out of the top ...instant "Fresh and Funky Theme" ! Again, the possibilities are endless and the best thing is you can eat the produce after your wedding!
- Signature Cocktails! Why? Again bringing cohesion to your wedding. Say you have chosen a monochromatic apple green "Fresh and Funky" theme, using green apples in your centerpieces. How cool and luxe would it be to have servers waiting to greet your guests with appletinis! By providing your guests with only two other alcoholic choices of beer and wine you could potentially save up to 50% on your bar bill!! Clever hey? Sneaky, but clever and Oh so chique!
- DIY Favours! Why? Nothing says "I love and appreciate you" like homemade. With all the craft stores and dollar stores around these days that carry beautiful ribbons,bags,boxes and jars. Think fresh baked cookies in little boxes tied with ribbon, or jars of jam with personalized labels,home made bottles of wine with vintage style labels....the possibilities are endless and you can spend as much or as little as you like!
There you go. I hope this post gets you thinking outside the box with ways you can get Luxe for Less for your very own wedding. And if anyone needs plums this summer for their wedding favours give me a call! Stay tuned for a Mother's Day Give Away Contest this week. See our earlier posts.
Labels: Luxe for Less in Seven Easy Steps, wedding budgets, wedding decor, wedding favours, wedding ideas
posted by Sarina Chauhan @ 9:09 PM